ALAMO ANNOUNCES MOVE TO SOUTHERN SLEEP DIAGNOSTICS
Changes are coming in our services to you and your patients. Here's an update.
Effective April 1st, Alamo Sleep Disorders Center will begin the process of integrating our services into Southern Sleep Diagnostics. We will be closing our office at 2128 Babcock Road. Phone and fax numbers will not change, but sleep center services will now be provided through Southern Sleep Diagnostics (www.southern-sleep.com), located nearby at 4770B Research Drive, near the intersection of Huebner and Fredericksburg Road.
Our commitment to excellence in providing comprehensive care remains unchanged. Dr. Paul Ingmundson, our clinical director with over 35 years of experience in sleep disorders, will continue to provide his leadership in professional services now through Southern Sleep Diagnostics. Many of our highly qualified technical staff will continue their work as well in the new affiliation with Southern Sleep.
We are making this move to enhance and expand the range of sleep medicine services available to your patients, including:
• New Locations: The move to Southern Sleep will allow us to serve your patients at multiple locations in our rapidly growing region. In addition to the headquarters location in the Medical Center, Southern Sleep has lab locations at North Central Baptist Hospital on the north side, and Mission Trail Baptist on the south side.
• CPAP Equipment and Follow Up: Southern Sleep provides complete services and support for CPAP and bilevel positive pressure support equipment, as well as the newer PAP treatment modalities, including auto-CPAP, adaptive servoventilator (ASV), and assured/intelligent volume pressure support (AVAPS/IVPAPS).
• Home Sleep Testing: In addition to quality, comprehensive in-lab polysomnography, Southern Sleep will continue to provide the increasingly popular home-based sleep testing options for patients.
Other enhancements Southern Sleep is planning in the next year:
• New Space: Southern Sleep will be moving its Research Drive office to a new office suite in the same complex, with additional space for sleep diagnostic services
• New, User-Friendly EMR Enhancements: Southern Sleep will be adopting the Somnoware software platform for referrals, reports and patient follow ups. The Somnoware platform gives referring providers direct, easy access to make referrals and obtain timely notification of test results and follow up concerning treatment adherence with CPAP, technical enhancements that can improve both customer satisfaction and patient outcomes.